Sunday 22 November 2015

Editing my production together

I started editing the footage that i've taken together. One thing that i had to overcome was the time in which i was limited to. To resolve this i made sure i used the best shots i had that to portray the narrative of my production but still creating enigma. Firstly i started placing shots together, in any order, and cutting them down to size and making sure the colour between shots match. I added an over lay of shots onto certain scenes to add to the enigma and tension.


To ensure that all the shots matched we used an effect called, 'cool tones' over shots which weren't filmed in the darkroom. The effect was located on the right hand corner in a drop down box for filters, which can be seen below. 

After all the shots had the same colour continuous throughout the production, started looking for music. The resource which found my music was, www.youtube.com. Where i searched free copyright music for free. This is a drawback i found, trying to find the right soundtrack to be synchronous and parallel  to my production. 


After converting the soundtrack, and placing it in my opening sequence i editing it to make sure it would fit cutting an extra soundtrack at the end, which i believes fits with the narrative and production as it makes my opening have a sharp harsh ending, for a tension build up. 

My next step was to make all the credits, in my belief this was the hardest part of the production, i used the opening sequence of, 'se7en' to help shape my credits. Making sure to place them in shots that are effective and in the right position. I will use rule of thirds, to decide this. Each of my credits make up of 4 different edits- all of the same name, around the same area but in different sizes. The main credit is bold and big (which remains on the screen throughout the credit scene) with an effect called, 'earthquake' to connote a shaky tension fill to the production. The 3 other surrounding credits occur one after another, throughout the scene, they are faded to make sure that no attention is taken from the main credit. As i was not in the following lesson, and i'm the editor (my other two group workers didnt have the knowledge of creating the credits). Therefore to make their time more productive, i gave my partner my user and password so she could assess our work, and also copied and pasted an example credit in different scenes, so all they had to do was change the name. 

The title was also done using the same technique:

In certain shots, to break up the normality of the production i slowly down some shots, to make the scene look as if it's in someone's perceptive thats been slowed for the audience to catch subliminal messages. By slowing some shots down it can also be connoted that the point of view shot creates a sense of dizziness.

However, even though i have my sequence edited to extent, i still have editing to do.  After i have edited the credits in the right place and order to make them parallel and synchronous to our production.  I will run through the final touch ups of my work, making sure that all the shots and music fit, getting feedback from others, to ensure i have produced the most realistic opening sequence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment